The major news items this week were a respected analyst at ESPN predicting the Pirates will win the World Series and the announcement that Francisco Liriano will be the starting pitcher on Opening Day against the Reds. Liriano will be the first Pirate to start on Opening Day in consecutive seasons since Oliver Perez in 2005 and 2006. Here is a roundup of the best blog posts about the Pittsburgh Pirates for the week ending March 21, 2015:
- Raise the Jolly Roger writes about Liriano getting the opening day nod.
- WHYGAVS continues his series of “500 Words or Less” profiles of the players. This week he covered Tony Sanchez, Sean Rodriguez, Jung-ho Kang, and Corey Hart
- Bucs Dugout follows up on the announcement that Tony Sanchez will be going north on the 25 man roster.
- Rum Bunter is excited about Buster Olney’s prediction that the Pirates will the World Series.
- Tim Williams of Pirates Prospects discusses the Pirates search for a 3B prospect from internal excesses at the catcher and OF positions. Jordan Luplow will transition to play 3B with WV Power this year, and Connor Joe will see some time at the position this year as well.
- In other minor league position switch news, Jason Shetler writes about Stetson Allie playing RF.
Pirate Blogs Roundup is a new feature highlighting some of the the best posts this week from bloggers/media covering the Pittsburgh Pirates. I plan to run this feature every weekend. If you have a blog post that you would like highlighted in the next edition email me at email@example.com for consideration.