The major news items this week were the continued struggles of Jung-ho Kang during Grapefruit League play, Andrew McCutchen cutting off his signature dread locks, and the annual publication of MLB team valuations by Forbes. Forbes estimated the Pirates as the 17th most valuable franchise in the MLB and the 4th most profitable in 2014. Here is a roundup of the best blog posts about the Pittsburgh Pirates for the week ending March 28, 2015:
- Rum Bunter discussed the Forbes valuation of the Pirates
- From Forbes to Federal details Corey Hart‘s diminishing power in recent seasons
- John Perroto reporting for DKonPittsburghSports.com writes about the latest Jose Tabata demotion
- The Bleacher Report has the before and after of Andrew McCutchen’s hair stylings.
- Saber Bucs says Gregory Polanco is no sure thing
- WHYGAVS wonders if he should be more concerned over the loss of Russell Martin
- Bucs Dugout reports that despite Jung-ho Kang’s struggles the Pirates still plan to have him start the season in the majors.
Pirate Blogs Roundup is a new feature highlighting some of the the best posts this week from bloggers/media covering the Pittsburgh Pirates. I plan to run this feature every weekend during the offseason. If you have a blog post that you would like highlighted in the next edition email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.