The first major injury of season hit the Pirates this week as Brandon Cumpton was lost for the season to Tommy John Surgery. Here is a roundup of the best blog posts about the Pittsburgh Pirates for the week ending March 14, 2015:
- Raise the Jolly Roger analyzes the pitching depth after losing Brandon Cumpton
- Pirates Prospects details the the changes Jameson Taillon has made to his delivery since being drafted.
- Jayson Stark writes about how badly A.J. Burnett wanted to return to the Pirates to finish out his career.
- SaberBucs shows why it isn’t all about the pitching.
- Jason Shetler makes the argument that Mark Melancon has been the Pirates best reclamation project of the Neal Huntington era
- Rum Bunter questions if the starting rotation has improved
- From Forbes to Federal looks at Fangraphs.com projected standings
- The Point of Pittsburgh wonders if two guys with funny names (Gift Ngoepe and Jaff Decker) might end up helping the Pirates this year.
- Clemente’s Wall breaks down the battle between Vance Worley and Jeff Locke for the 5th spot in the rotation
Pirate Blogs Roundup is a new feature highlighting some of the the best posts this week from bloggers/media covering the Pittsburgh Pirates. I plan to run this feature every weekend. If you have a blog post that you would like highlighted in the next edition email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.